The Barrios de Luna, Villameca, Selga de Orgás, Benamarías, Valdesamario and Azud de Santa Marina dams, included in Zone A of the Operating System of the Duero Hydrographic Confederation, are of vital importance for the supply of water for both the irrigation of around 52,500 ha in the Páramo Leonés region and the supply of local populations, including the cities of Astorga and León, among others.
Ayesa has been providing the Duero Hydrographic Confederation with Technical Support for the Management of the Auscultation, Maintenance and Operating System of these dams on a continual basis since 2010, the last contract having concluded in 2018.
The main tasks established as part of this Technical Support were the following:
- Drafting of annual reports
- Drafting of technical notes.
- Technical inspections of dams.
- Analysis of the performance of the dams.
- Review of the dam auscultation system.
- Technical Support to the Operations Manager.
- Provision of support personnel for the operation of the dams
- Instruction and training of personnel responsible for the operation of the dams.