This is a run-of-river hydroelectric plant on the Alambi River in the province of Pichincha (Ecuador). The turbine flow is 13 m3/s and has a net fall of 87.47 m. It consists of two Francis turbines with an installed power of 2x5=10 MW.
During the years 2015 and 2016, Ayesa developed the Detail Engineering of all Civil Works for the company Constructora Nacional, until their commissioning, resolving all Basic Engineering deficiencies and providing technical support to the EPC company responsible for the Works.
The main works planned in the Project were the following:
- Catchment dam, intake, grit chamber, two-chamber desander and overflow spillway.
- 3,540 m-long adduction channel for a design flow rate of 13 13 m3/ s, with a self-supporting type section in the first 1,000 m followed by a trapezoidal section.
- Loading tank with side dump, spillway works and load break to the riverbed.
- Forced conduction of AH measuring 340 m in length and 2,235 mm in diameter.
- Machine room equipped with two horizontal axis Francis turbines with a nominal flow of 6.5 m3/s and 2x5 MW of power.