In order to achieve these goals, the following structures were designed:
- The Chumundé Dam: Type: homogeneous. Height: 33.7 metres. Control volume: 29.63 Hm
- The Meribe Dam: Type: embankment (overflow) Height: 13 metres. Control volume: 6.47 Hm 3.
- Catchments: each one has a diversion dam (3 m in height), a channel (25 m in length), a storage reservoir (average volume 75,000 m³ and a surface area of 25,000 m²) and a pumping station (flow rate of up to 1.08 m³/s, manometric pump head of 72.5 metres and a power of 1023 kW). Six catchments were installed in the Rioverde River basin.
- Electrical substations: due to the increase in the power demand by the pumping system, it was necessary to expand the only station in the area to 3 MVA and build a new one with a power capacity of 5 MVA.
- Riverbank protection: the full length of the defences (rock-fill) and river channelling for protection against floods was 6,100 meters.