Ayesa carried out the project of control and automation of the sector of regulation number 1, which has its origin in headwater in the Villaveta Reservoir and ends in the one at Artajona. It is a section of practically transport, having only three intakes, as well as the one foreseen for supplying Pamplona.
The scope of Ayesa's works was as follows:
• Drafting of the construction project.
• Construction of the LV and MV power lines for supply to the singular points of the canal.
• Installation of the communications system consisting of a main solution in the microwave band and a backup solution using private UHF band.
• Remote stations based on redundant PLCs in the singular points of the canal for control of the same.
• Instrumentation for measuring levels, flows lock and gate positions.
• Control centre in the Canal de Navarra building.
• Data processing centre in the Canal de Navarra building.
• Scada control software and mathematical model of the canal. Centralised control system for the Canal.
• System operational readiness.