The project's main aim has been to ensure that hydraulic and energy resources as well as MCT hydraulic infrastructures are monitored, controlled and managed in a centralised manner. For this reason, we have managed to display information in real time and unify of all the hydraulic and energy parameters, as well as all its changes of status and alarms at any level. This information in real time also provides historical information that allows for the study into the functioning of the management and operational system, thus permitting short, medium and long-term strategy scheduling and future actions aimed at a continuous improvement of the MCT on all levels.
The project consisted, among other works, in the carrying out of engineering and design, supply, construction or manufacturing, implementation, testing and service start-up of:
- A data centre (DC) and the installation and settings of all servers and equipment that supports the architecture of centralised control systems, as well as a backup DC.
- A control room with space for six operators in which all operations and maintenance tasks for the systems are centralised.
- A communications infrastructure of more than 200 nodes, distributed over two levels (trunk network with meshed ring topology of 200 Mbps capacity and access network between 10 and 80 Mbps capacity), formed by private broadband radio links and the integration of sections of fibre optic mesh, as well as its traffic engineering and network electronics to achieve a high availability MPLS communications network.
- An advanced computerised maintenance management system (CMMS) to automate and assist the effective and efficient maintenance of electronic and electromechanical assets, including the standardisation and coding of the same.
- A centralised video surveillance system supported by more than two hundred high resolution cameras.
- A centralised control system supported by all the previous elements, including all the hierarchical levels (field level, control, supervision, information and corporate) in the more than 250 installations that are integrated into the same:
- Electromechanical equipment, motorisation of manoeuvres, electrical installation, field instrumentation, communications systems
- Electric, control and control dashboards for new engines and power, as well as the refurbishment and improvement of some of the existing ones
- Programmable, remote automata and man machine interfaces and programming in them of all the automatic operating modes of the different hydraulic processes and subsystems
- Supervision and data acquisition system (SCADA)
- Decision-Making Support System by automatically generating demand forecasts and weekly and daily operation plans
- Professional training and assistance in the running of the new system