Partial and full load commissioning services are essential to ensure proper operation of the new Data Center. The information provided by these services makes it possible to detect and correct undesirable performance by certain equipment, as well as design weaknesses when we change from the rated load operation. The series of tools that we make available to the customer allow us to achieve some very ambitious goals:
- Guarantee of proven availability
- Data Center Energy Optimization
- Knowing the limits of the infrastructure and validating compliance with the objectives of the project (engineering and construction).
The main objective of the project was to verify the performance and the practical limits of the infrastructure to find faults before operation (no risk to IT equipment). To achieve these objectives, the following services were performed:
Data Center IT Commissioning Services, comprising the work of performance simulation, IST and CFD study.
To perform these services, server emulators up to an IT power of 550 kW were used as uniformly distributed loads in the Data Center racks and concentrated to simulate high density areas (15 kW/rack).
Finally, we should indicate that this IT commissioning was complemented by the CFD analysis of the actual scenario, which was done using data collected during testing.
The IST suite was developed jointly by the customer, the project engineering area, the construction company and Ayesa. As a starting point for the performance of services, the following guidelines and standards were used:
- ASHRAE Guide “Design Considerations for Datacom Equipment Centers, Chapter 12, Commissioning (Cx)“
- Uptime Institute standard “Tier Classification System”