The purpose of the contract consists of:
- The modernisation of the road section, through the construction of a new toll section, implemented communication systems and ITS. Releasing the section in the Atlacomulco - Toluca direction, since this is part of the Pan-American Highway.
- Closure of irregular access points that are currently used in inadmissible points.
- Elimination of payment from the Government of the State of Mexico for the passage of residents on the current toll road
- Design of new ring-roads in Ixtlahuaca and Atlacomulco.
To carry out these aims, the following works have been undertaken:
- Preliminary Modernisation Project; eliminating irregular access, design of communications systems and ITS, new structures to close off returns and level crossings, building a new body in the existing dividers.
- Updating of the Informative Profile of the Toluca - Atlacomulco Highway (IRI, PR, friction coef. Etc)
- Study of Demand and Capacity levels, to analyse the impact of the action on the expected future demand.
- Drafting of routine, periodic and operational preservation programmes.
- Drafting of the Environmental Feasibility Study, analysis of the right of social and legal problematic way.
- Economic and financial study into the feasibility of the construction of the proposed works, according to expected revenues, and request for subsidies or issuance of new debt, whenever appropriate, drafting of cost-benefit analysis.
- Legal support in the bidding of a new tender project or in the incorporation of a new private investor to the trusteeship.