The construction of this new double-track railway tunnel connects the high-speed lines serving the main Spanish corridors between the two stations of Atocha and Chamartín, with the following main advantages:
- Improving accessibility.
- Advancements in Sustainability.
- Greater Quality of Service and Comfort for Users.
- Decongestion of the city of Madrid.
Installations and Equipment:
- Electrification via rigid catenary powered at 2x25 kV.
- Electrification of the temporary tunnel of the future station in the new railway complex of Atocha.
- Design of the new intermediate self-transformation centre located in the vicinity of the Chamartín station.
- Energy Remote Control System.