The project has been awarded as one of the four best practices of Deliberative Analysis in 2015 by the Paz Ciudadana and Motorola foundations and the International Association of Criminological Analysts.
The main aim of the system is to implement a business intelligence, geographic information and data mining solution to explore and analyse information on crime, crimes, criminal law infractions and domestic violence.
The scope of the project has consisted of:
- Implementation of the different processes of extraction, transformation and loading of information related to more 50 data sources for consolidation in a single repository.
- Analysis and proposals to improve data quality.
- Construction of Multidimensional Models
- Integration with the Geographic Information System to allow for the creation of crime maps.
- Exploitation of data through different elements:
- Deployment and implementation of the system